Friday, January 18, 2013

Black Tie Cooking Class

I have been taking a monthly cooking class that everyone has been asking me about, so I wanted to share some information and some pictures of the delicious food!!  Jerry Gallegos started Black Tie Catering in 2003 and has been preparing and dazzling New Mexicans ever since with his delicious creations in the kitchen and his unmistakable charm.  Recently Chef Jerry decided to take it a step further by offering a monthly cooking class to help us bring his unique flavor home to our families.

January's theme was La Bella Luna.  The night started with an appetizer of Crispy Zucchini Fries with Garlic-Basil Marinara Dipping Sauce.

The featured soup of the night was Pasta Fagioli, but it could easily substitute for a meal in itself.  It is a hearty mix of Sausage, Herbs,  and cute cuts of Pasta.  When I close my eyes I can still smell the fabulous aroma.



Pasta Fagioli


The salad was Fresh Zucchini Ribbons and Tomatoes with Pesto Vinaigrette Dressing.

But the highlight of the evening had to be the main course.  Classic Chicken Marsala Served with Pasta.


Classic Chicken Marsala


I tried this recipe at home and it was easy to make and it made a big impression on my family.  They have asked for it three times since then.

I can hardly wait for the love month of February.  Chef Jerry has chosen to prepare Baked Brown Sugar and Dijon Brie with Crostini.  Brussel Sprouts with Warm Bacon Dressing.  An entree of Stuffed Pork Chops with Apple Brandy Sauce.  And for dessert, my favorite, Bananas Foster Flambe.

You can sign up now and be a part of the fun on February 12th.  Just go to loveisintheair.eventzilla.net


No comments:

Post a Comment